Student Registration Information

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Register your child for school by completing the Student Registration Form​. Please bring a hard copy of this fillable PDF to your child's home school along with the required documents listed below. Please note: To fill out the form electronically, please download and save the PDF first. ​

Registering ​​your child f​​or Kindergarten

​​See Kindergarten Page for more information

Junior (Year 1) Kindergart​​en

If your child will be 4 by December 31 of this calendar year, they can be registered for Junior (Year 1) Kindergarten at their home school.

Senior (Year 2) Kindergarten

If your child will be 5 by December 31 of this calendar ye​ar, they can be registered for Senior (Year 2)​ Kindergarten at their home school.​​​​

New and/or Returning to Ontario

Students from Grade 1 to age 21 must register through the Welcom​e Centre at 905-335-3665, ext. 3440 if any of the following apply:

  • entering the Ontario school system for the first time and whose first language is not English (or is a variety of English different from the variety used for instruction in Ontario Schools)
  • entering HDSB with an International Student Visa (or any visa including Visitor Visas)
  • entering HDSB with a work permit or a study permit - student and/or parent /guardian holds the permit
  • entering HDSB with their Permanent Residence Status application in progress
  • entering HDSB from a French language school from a French language school board
  • re-entering Ontario after an absence of a year or more (for students whose first language is not English)

Mandatory documents to bring when registering your child for school

  • Proof of child’s age: birth certificate or passport or baptismal/faith record for your child
  • Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency
  • Proof of child’s citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000)or Permanent Resident Card
  • Proof of custody: if you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order)

Also​​​​ remember to:

  • Call ahead to make an appointment with school office staff
  • Bring copies of your child’s current school records
  • Bring any school reports (assists in school placements )
  • Contact the Principal if you require accessibility accommodations in order to register your child for school

What is my child​’s ​​​home​​ school?

Refer to information under “Find My Local School”

To register at schools that are currently under-construction, parents are reminded to register at their existing home school (refer to “Find my local school”).

Additional Res​​ources

Immunization schedule​​ in Ontario​

Verify your child’s immunization card​


Student personal information is collected during registration and while attending school, pursuant to the Education Act. This i​​nformation will be used for planning and programming, school to home communications, and to establish the Ontario Student Record, which contains information conducive to the improvement of instruction.

Questions about the informatio​n collected during registration and while attending school should be directed to Tim Sadai, Managing Information for Student Achievement (MISA) Leader for the Halton District School Board or your local Superintendent of Education.