About Sheridan‎ > ‎

Student Registration

Have you recently moved to this community? Are you registering for the first time?

If you are new to the community and have school age children, the Halton District School Board has important information about registering for school.

To find out which school your child will attend, you can access School Locator on the Halton District School Board. It can be found within the Schools menu under "School Attendance Boundaries", or by calling the Planning Department/Boundary inquiries at (905) 335-3663, ext. 3240.

For Transportation information call 1-888-803-8660 or inquiry@haltonbus.ca.

To register your child directly at the school your child must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.

If your child is not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you will need to contact the Immigration and Visa Co-ordinator at the J.W. Singleton Education Centre at (905) 335-3663 ext. 3307.

What is "school age"? If you have a child who turns 4 by December 31st of this calendar year you can register him/her for Junior Kindergarten here at Sheridan
If you have a child who in Grade 1 of this calendar year you can register him/her at Sheridan for the English program for Grade 2 or if you prefer the French Immersion program at Munn's Public School. If your child is in grades 2-5 and has not previously attended French Immersion, then they need to be registered in the English Track program

Information to bring to register your child for school:

Before going to the school please call ahead to better assist you and the office staff. If you have any copies of current school records, samples of your child’s work, reports that may assist the school in program/placement of your child please take them with you at the time of registration.

You will need to provide ALL of the following information before you can register your child for school:

  • Proof of child’s age original birth certificate or passport
  • 2 Proofs of address -copy of offer to purchase or lease agreement, copy of a property tax bill, or copy of a utility bill.
  • Proof of child’s citizenship - Birth Certificate, Passport, Record of Landing (IMM1000), or Permanent Resident card.
  • Proof of custody - if you are not the child’s parent and the child is under 18, you must provide proof of custody

Please note: Only original documents will be accepted.

Please call the Halton Regional Health Department at (905) 825-6060 ext. 7855: For information about the immunization schedule in Ontario. To verify that your child’s record is up-to-date. To obtain the exemption form if your child has not been immunized for medical reasons or because of a conflict of religion or conscience.

For information on how to have your child immunized if you do not have an Ontario health card and can’t afford a doctor’s fees for immunization.